Call for Presentation Proposals
The third BigData Innovators Gathering (BIG) will be co-located with WWW2016 in Montreal on April 12, 2016. We invite proposals for talks highlighting novel developments in the foundations, infrastructure, applications and implications of big data. Proposals will be judged on the basis of thought leadership, technical novelty and application potential; pure corporate or product marketing is discouraged. Speculative work or significant work in progress are welcome, but should be grounded in an important application. Accepted presentations are to be delivered in person by one of the authors at the conference in Montreal.
Topics of interest include:
- Analytic and statistical models
- Data visualization techniques
- Scalable and distributed data management
- Scalable and parallel algorithms
- Methods for large collections of text, images, video
- Streaming data and real-time applications
- Data protection, data integrity and provenance, and data security
- Privacy and policy issues regarding big data applications
- Sensor data and ubiquitous computing
- Web search, mining and social media
- Evaluation methodologies, metrics and benchmarks
Submission format and important dates:
Authors should submit a 2-page proposal in PDF format that includes their names and affiliations through Easychair:
Submission deadline: February 28, 2016.
Notification: March 15, 2016.